Welcome to the Femspectives Online Weekender running 23 – 25 April 2021, with the film available to watch from April 19th!
Femspectives is back with an online festival weekender!
The live discussion events will take place 23 – 25 April 2021, with the films available to watch from 19 April 2021 on INDY on demand.
Tickets for films are priced on a Pay What You Can basis from £0 to £8. All films are captioned. All discussions and social events will take place via Zoom. These events will be free to attend, but registration is required via Eventbrite. All the live discussion will be live-captioned.
The third edition of the festival is a tightly curated festival programme and shows an incredible breadth and openness centring around the theme of DREAMING and all of its possible iterations. From archive aficionados to imaginative futurists – there is something for everyone.
The theme of DREAMING is just as much about the films in the programme, as it is about the development of the festival, its place in the Glasgow festival scene and what it means to people. The films touch on a wide variety of ways to dream or envision the past, present and future.
This year we’re super excited to be joined by two experienced practitioners, Tanatsei Gambura and Ane Lopez, who have each curated one film programme in the festival. Click here to find details about their programmes and bios. We’ve also expanded our team and welcomed Wacera Kamonji as our festival assistant!
There are so many people we want to thank for supporting and contributing to this year’s festival!
- Our advisory board for all their care and support.
- Emilia Beatriz, AB Silvera and Nicole O’Reilly for all of their subtitling captioning work.
- Louisa McDaid and Laura Harrison who will be doing the live-captioning for all the discussion events.
- Amanda Craig for producing our trailer year after year.
- Charlotte Little, Helen Wright and Marc David Jacobs for all their support on access.
- Ruth Marsh for all of her PR mastery.
- All of our partners and funders: Screen Scotland, Film Hub Scotland, INDY Cinema Group, Invisible Women and Take One Action.
And of course to our community!
We hope you will join us and enjoy the festival!